Saturday, February 16, 2008

Grand Ole Party is working it!!

I went to la-la land last night to check out foriegn born and St. Vincent and what, but to my surprise, Grand Ole Party is playing upstairs!!! There must be a god. So so much talent showcased last night that I don't even know where to start. I really like bands that can move a song around. If you see where the song's going in the first verse then why even listen to the rest, I like bands that can keep a song together while still keeping the audience on their toes. Is LA like a blackhole of talent to san diego, it seems like there's so much oppurtunity there that if you're anywhere near it you needta get on board, hence my travels there for shows. But gosh do I love coming back to san diego. I was hoping for like some majically energetic crowd up there last night but it was the normal people enthralled with the band, and too busy studing their chops to dance, who flooded the front and stayed there like all night. While I enjoy danceing in the back where there is more room, I think the fans (oughtta, eventually) need to be giving back to the artists/performers. Well, variables beckon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home